Tuesday, April 12, 2011

ghd - Guardian Conditioner for Colour-Treated Hair


ghd claims:
  •  Contains a heat-activated ingredient derived from meadow foam seed oil, which penetrates the hair's cortex, repairing damage and adding elasticity.
  • Contains wheat amino acids, which repair and replace cystine bonds in the hair that may have been damaged by heat or chemical treatments.
  • Contains a UVB absorber, which protects hair from UV radiation and also protects the hair's natural surface proteins and lipids.
  • Contains merquat, a positively charged conditioning polymer, providing lustre without build-up, reducing static, and improving combability.
  • Contains a water-based silicone which works with the above polymers to help retain colour.
  • Contains hydrolysed vegetable protein for intensive conditioning and resistance to high humidity, thereby controlling frizz.
So ghd promises a lot of things for this conditioner. My boyfriend received it for free as the company was passing them out at his office and gave it to me. At first, I thought this would be a perfect conditioner for me since my hair has been color treated and I need to repair some damages that I've done to them. However, this conditioner just disappointed me. It smelled kind of weird to me, hard to describe.... Not the kind of smell that I'm used to which is usually fruity. This conditioner definitely doesn't do any harm to my hair but it doesn't do any good either. I would rank it as below average. It doesn't give me that silky, smooth feel when I wash my hair off and saw no results that it claims to give. Since my boyfriend received two full size bottles and I'm already on my second one, I think that gave me plenty of time to see some results. Clearly, I saw nothing. I would be so upset if I actually paid $29 which is the retail price. I would just stick to my drugstore conditioner which I'm completely content with. 3 out of 10

No comments:

Post a Comment